Monday, February 9, 2009

I respond to an urgent email

Last night, I was sitting here at my computer, earnestly working away, when I heard the "ping" of an incoming email. I checked. The subject read, "right now cats". The sender was my own daughter, Tryskuit, who I knew happened to be sitting no more than 12 feet away from me, in the house, on the living room couch.

It sounded urgent, so I opened it to find the above picture.
As you can imagine, I rushed into the house with all diligent haste. And this is what I saw, less than one minute after Tyskuit took the first picture on her iPhone and emailed it to me.

Well, in just one hour, I must drive into Anchorage and catch a jet to Barrow, where the current, mid-day temperature is -43 and the windchill -68.

I am very sorry to have no choice but to leave Sunflower behind in her condition, but I have to go. I must leave my children to watch over her. During those moments when I am not worried, I expect it to be a fun trip.

I will be busy day and night, and I don't know if I will see a cat.

If I do, it will wind up here - time permitting.

If not, this blog will be on hold for awhile.

4 comments:

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

We feel rather safe in saying that any cat you see will be indoors!

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Thanks for sharing this great photo~!
And hope you will have a very good smooth day :)

Peggy's Place said...

We got a Valentine for you. You can pick it up here:
http://actioncat.com/platinum/ActionCatcard.cgi?0211174057261011

The Activist said...

Lovely picture!

Hope you will be back soon...