Thursday, March 5, 2009

Royce gives Wry a cushion as he takes his first steps

Baby Wry took his first step last night! It happened in the kitchen. I did not have my camera. I ran to get it. As I came back with it, he and his Mom had moved to the living room, where he had just taken his second step.

Now he was ready to take a third, and I had my camera ready. Prickly Pear Blossom held out her hands, beckoning her son to come to her.

But Baby... no, no, no... but Toddler Wry turned toward Royce. He walked right to Royce...

And then he dived, right into Royce's fur!


Royce watched with pride as Toddler Wry walked wobbly, but confidently away. 

There is, of course, more to this story, as was documented on that blog in the parallel universe.

6 comments:

Elin said...

I love this post!
Royce, u are super nice!
and what a cute todler.. with a very beautiful eyes :)

xxxxxxxxx

momsbusy said...

royce, you are a great cat to let baby wry use you to cushion his "fall".

wooo hooo! baby wry is now a toddler!

Memories of Eric and Flynn said...

Well done baby Wry and what a lovely soft landing he had.

Margaret Cloud said...

These are very cute pictures, it is a joy to witness their first steps. I can still remember my first taking his steps, he had to grab hold of his shirt, this gave him the confidence he needed, he is now going on 49 years old. Hope your weekend will be a great one.

ZOOLATRY said...

Good kitty, tackled by the babe and loving it.

~Story said...

WGT Wry!!!!! And Royce, yoo are an amazing cushion!!! What a wunderful moment for Momma too!

:D