Friday, July 18, 2008

Jim and the Point and Shoot

I am just exhausted beyond reason. I keep yawning and yawning, I can hardly keep my eyes open. I was going to make a big entry tonight, but I just can't. 

Still, last night I told the billions of you that tonight I would show you a new deveolpment in my quest to continue to take photographs in this time of recovery, so I had better follow through, even if it is a tiny follow through.

Up above, is Jim, on the fish tank. This happened very fast. I stepped into my office, just as he stepped onto the fish tank. In just seconds, he was off the tank on and on the floor.

If I had had to wrestle my big camera, with just my left hand, I could not have taken this picture.

Pistol-Yero, caught at the back door with my new point and shoot.

Here is how I got it. For my birthday, my kids all chipped in and bought me a pocket-sized digital point and shoot, a Canon Powershot G9 - not the kind of camera a professional like me would even think of using... but guess what?

I can carry it in my pocket, without putting any strain on my healing shoulder. It is light and small and I can fully manipulate it with my left hand only - not so efficiently as a two-handed person could, but I can do it.

And I don't need Tryskuit or anyone else to serve as a living tripod.

I even shot Pistol with this camera (above).

The only thing is, the pictures appear darker here than they did in Lightroom and Photoshop. I need to figure out why.

No cat here - just Prickly Pear Blossom and Rye. Sunflower's mother, Rose, and sister Lee Ann made the white, buckskin, Apache cradleboard. Rose was once named a "Living Arizona Treasure" for her skill and artistry in making cradleboards and the Governor presented her an award in recognition. Now that age and arthritis make it difficult for her, Lee Ann works with her to keep the tradition alive.

No comments: