Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Intermission: so exhausted I don't know how to proceed... but I will

I attempt to nap - self portrait with Chicago

It's true, I am so exhausted I don't know what to do. Please check back tomorrow, and see if I have figured it out; to see if I have revived a bit. I don't think it is a bad thing that I am exhausted. I think it is a good thing. I think it is because I have healed so much that I simply cannot sleep until I heal a bit more.

I am too tired to explain.

And no, the nap with Chicago did not work. I lay awake the whole time. My doc gave me some sleeping pills, Ambien. I took two last night, then lay awake for four hours straight, listening to Sunflower sleep, listening to Pistol-Yero sleep. After that, I slept sporadically for three hours, then got up. I'm pretty sure that I slept sporadically, anyway. I felt like I was awake the whole, yet I kept remembering things that seemed to have just happened but could not have happened had I been in bed, so these events must have been dreams.

Unfortunately, I no longer remember any of them. This convinces me even more that they were dreams.

Oh, if I could but be like these cats! They have no problem falling asleep. They sleep long and often, with no problem at all.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear that you're not resting well. Even though i'd like to read more cat stories soon maybe you could take a break?

Team Tabby said...

Thanks for stopping by to visit us and for the advice on uploading pictures to Blogger when it's being a pain. We loved the story you wrote about Romeo and Diane, very heart warming. We liked the way Diane honoured him with the burial service. We love the stories, but take time to rest yourself, we can wait and we'll drop by again.

purrs from east coast Canada,
Mindy & Moe

Grahamn Kracker said...

Thanks for the advise, Heidi, Mindy and Moe -

As for the advice that I gave you regarding uploading photos on blogger when it becomes a pain... well... I have been trying to upload the images for my next post for HALF-AN-HOUR now with no success.

So I don't think my advice is very good.

Anonymous said...

My name is Cherise Kenner and i would like to show you my personal experience with Ambien.

I have taken for 1 years. I am 57 years old. Works great if I take it on an empty stomach, and get right into bed. If you take it and try to keep yourself awake, you can override the pill and be up all night.

Side Effects :
None.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Cherise Kenner

cheap ambien said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.