Sunday, September 7, 2008

Living in hell...

Self portrait with Chicago. You can see how concerned she is.

I Promised to make a post tonight so I am, but I can hardly do it. I am now in my fifth week of not being able to sleep. Nothing helps. Not the sleeping pills the doc gave me, not the breathing exercizes, not the lavender aroma therapy, nothing. Come 2:30 AM this past morning, I could no longer take it and so I got out of bed, got dressed, and took a two hour walk through the chill of the night. This did the trick and put me to sleep - off and on for about three hours and then no more.

I did not know that this kind of thing went along with healing from this type of injury, but it sure is doing so for me. I have tons of cat stories to tell, but this continual lack of sleep makes it too hard for me to focus my mind on them, so I am bypassing the stories for now.

I just cannot think them through.

This will pass, and I will get back to it. In the meantime, here are three pictures that I took a bit earlier.

Chicago under the coffee table.

Royce in the driveway, under the car. For those of you who do not follow Alaska elections but who are interested in Diane, of Diane and Romeo, I am sad to report that my good friend lost the primary election to her opponent, Ethan Berkowitz. Even so, thanks to Diane, many people in Alaska know a lot more about veterans and the issues that they face than they did before.

4 comments:

The Activist said...

I am really worried about you. I know how important it is to sleep. Perhaps you could be taking a walk to make you sleep or something. How I wish this ends right now.

I will pray for you....

=^..^= said...

Maybe you are turning into a cat. That's what my cats do, take cat naps during the day and prowl the neighborhood at night. :)

Or maybe it's the ghost of your Running Dog, impatient to get out in the bush again.

I wish you speedy recovery, Alaska needs men like you - part cat, part dog - to share your gifts with us.

Grahamn Kracker said...

Thanks, Standtall - I don't think that you need to be too worried about me though. This phase will pass. It is a strange place between the time when I was so broken I needed to take pain killers all day long and this allowed me sleep no matter what, and having healed to the point where I feel good about not taking those pain killers anywhere, yet my injuries still needs to heal further before I can sleep.

And my injuries are healing fast. So I think one more month of this maybe.

Thanks for the sentiments, =^..^= . I appreciate it.

The Activist said...

I am happy to hear this